Header Ads

Living with Type 1 Diabetes

Living with Type 1 Diabetes 

Anyone who's been diagnosed with either type of diabetes will tell you what a huge pain in the rear end it is. You have to watch what you do, what you eat, take meds, check blood sugars multiple times a day, and try to live a normal life just like everyone else. Now doesn't that sound like fun! Basically, your life is taken over by a disease that dictates what you do and when you do it above everything and anything you want to do. 
I will be the first to tell you that I am probably the worst diabetic on the planet. I used to eat what I want when I want, shoot up my insulin however I wanted and basically just tried to fit into this image of a normal non-diabetic person. Who doesn't want to fit in and be like everyone else. But living on the edge of insanity really does a number on your mind and body. It stinks a lot and you feel out of place.
Type 1 Diabetes

I am here to tell you that with the bad comes good, and if it doesn't you just have to turn every stone until you find that pot of gold. Do I wish I didn't have this incurable disease? In a heartbeat! But I am content that at least its manageable and not something much worse. I am trying to be better at taking care of myself and taking you along with me on this journey. Sure it took me many years to finally come to terms with this and hopefully this will give you some motivation and reassurance. Its always important to know that no matter what is happening, life is a work in progress.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.